Art + science research go hand-in-hand
- Adding Art + Design to STEM research will enhance U.S. economic competitiveness.
- In a rapidly changing world, the tools and methods of design offer new models for creative problem solving and interdisciplinary partnerships.
- Artists and designers can effectively communicate complex data and scientific information to multiple stakeholders and broad audiences.
- Artists and scientists both ask big questions; designers and engineers both provide inspired solutions. Together they are more powerful than apart.
Integrate the arts into STEM curricula
- Integrating Art + Design into STEM education promotes critical thinking, a key 21st century skill.
- The tools and methods of design offer new models for creative problem solving, introducing innovative practices of design thinking into STEM education.
- Art education teaches the flexible thinking and risk taking that are needed in today’s complex and dynamic world.
- STEAM education promises to increase student engagement and unlock creative thinking and innovation.
Tomorrow’s innovators are artists and designers
- STEAM is a pathway to increase U.S. economic competitiveness.
- Art + Design provide real solutions for our everyday lives, distinguish American products in a global market place, and create opportunity for economic growth.
- Design is increasingly becoming a key differentiator for technology startups and products.